will turek's Midwest Spey School
Promoting Spey Casting and Fishing throughout the Great Lakes Region
Midwest Spey spey casting courses are designed for anglers of all skill levels. No prior knowledge of spey casting is required, although an average level of skill with a single hand rod (overhead and roll casts) is necessary.
- Student to instructor ratio is kept low to ensure a quality learning experience
- Maximum of 8 students per one instructor
- Teaching methodology includes instructor demonstration, casting exercises, individual instruction, and plenty of time to practice on your own.
- Use of equipment and detailed course handout is included.
Setting realistic goals and clear expectations are critical for maximizing your learning experience. Here is what you can expect to accomplish by the end of a Midwest Spey course:
- You will NOT be an expert spey caster.
- You WILL learn the mechanics of good spey casting, as well as the why behind the how.
- You will have a solid foundation upon which to build further spey casting knowledge through self-study or additional instruction.
- You will learn the essential Spey casts for fishing the Great Lakes region.
- You will gain the ability to apply your new casting skills to real fishing situations.
For a Midwest Spey class brochure or general information on spey casting and switch rods, click on the PDF icon below.
Feel free to print, email, or share for PERSONAL use only. Commercial use is not permitted as outlined by the Creative Commons Use License.
Classes and Events
Small Group Casting Classes - Spring 2013
Dates TBA. Spey Casting with Switch and Two-Hand Rods
Contact Steelhead Alley Outfitters
Greg Senyo, 419-466-9398
Private Casting Instruction available. Please email or call Will Turek at MidWestSpey to schedule.
6165 Stow Road, Hudson Ohio 44236